Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I love holidays - even St. Patrick's Day!!! So the night before, Tim and Ethan decided to make green shamrock cookies. They had a great time. It was really fun to see how patient Tim was and how very involved Ethan wanted to be. The cookies turned out great!!! The next morning we all got dressed in our green clothes and I took the kids to Gardner Village. Ethan, Eli and I walked all over Garnder Village looking for Leprachauns. Ethan claims he "almost saw one, but it was just too fast and ran away." So cute to see him searching under bushes and behind trees for the sneaky little green men.
My mom met us there and we ate lunch at Archibalds restaurant. I was really excited to try their fried green tomatoes. They were delicious, but that was all the food we were able to enjoy at the restaurant. By the time our main dish arrived, Eli was a mess and Ethan was enjoying the salt and pepper a little too much as usual. So we immediately asked for to-go boxes and took our food home to eat. It tasted great after I put Eli down for a nap and we get enjoy our food in peace. I was so glad I had my mom with me at the restaurant; she is always such a help. I think my kids are just not meant to sit still for the amount of time it takes to eat at a restaurant. It was a great St. Patrick's Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. haha Like I said, monkeys was the right background for your sweet little monkey boys. You are always having adventures, I wanna come.

    ReplyDelete