Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Who Needs Sleep, Anyway?!

So, I thought I would write down some of the joys of being a new mom:
  • no sleep - amazing how that affects a person :)
  • nursing my sweet little girl and having her little hand hold on to my finger
  • seeing my boys give their little sister kisses
  • watching my baby sleep so soundly - and hoping that would happen at night time
  • crying for no reason - ahhh the joys of hormones :)
  • watching Ethan and Eli sing "Twinlke, Twinkle Little Star" every time Ellyse starts to cry
  • gettin an amazing nap because my mom came over and watched the kids!!
  • hearing the sweet prayers of Ethan: "please bless mommy and baby Ellyse to get good sleep."
  • staying in my pajamas all day long
  • actually getting to eat a meal without holding a baby in my arms - I love holding my baby, but it is nice to eat with two hands sometimes :)
  • getting a chance to snuggle with Tim on the couch while Ellyse sleeps (finally)

Well, those are a few of the joys that come to mind right now. This is such an exciting time of total exhaustion and complete bliss. Having a new baby is an incredible experience!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm tired just thinking about it! I don't know if there is anything that compares to the utter exhaustion of having a new baby... well, except maybe having a new baby AND TWO OTHER KIDS! The whole "sleep when the baby sleeps" thing isn't an option anymore. Plus, you're recovering from actually HAVING the baby, and only getting, say, 20 minutes of sleep here and there, with occasional glorious stretches of an hour. It's amazing you can even keep your eyes open :) May the sleeplessness resolve quickly, and may your body heal swiftly. Sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets see some more pictures of that pretty little lady!

    ReplyDelete