Monday, June 29, 2009

Iowa Trip (Days 7-8)

DAY 7
On Tuesday, May 26, we took a trip to Nauvoo! I was so excited to go back to where I served my performing mission. It was great to be able to have my family there with me! We were able to see all four shows offered and see lots of the sights where I gave tours as a missionary. The kids were pretty tired at the end of the day, but they did great!

I gave tours of the Nauvoo Family Living Center. I showed kids how to make candles and now my kids were learning the same thing from another missionary - kind of a neat circle of life!
Ethan learning how to make rope.

Making candles with a sister missionary!


Our family in front of the Cultural Hall - I gave tours of this building as well.


The Yearsley Home where the Young Performing Sister Missionaries lived - ahhh the memories!


The Nauvoo brick yard


Tim's dad, Tim and Eli at the blacksmith shop

Ethan and Eli had the most fun climbing on the fences. I sure love my boys!


Brigham Young's Home. My favorite place to give tours. There is such a neat spirit in that home.

A Nauvoo sunstone with the temple in the background.


A beautiful picture of the Nauvoo Temple. As a missionary I got to help paint the window frames of the star windows!!


Ethan watching one of the missionary shows!
I love Nauvoo! Remember Nauvoo!
DAY 8
We visited the John Deer Tractor museum on Wednesday. The kids loved climbing all over the huge tractors.

Ethan and Grandpa on a big tractor.

Tim dreaming of owning this riding lawn mower, snowblower and tractor combo.


It is taller than Ethan!

Happy little vegetables!!

1 comment:

  1. oh, this makes me want to go back to Nauvoo so bad. What great memories we all have there!

    ReplyDelete