Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Caroling

Every year our family likes to go to a nursing home or rehab center and do some Christmas caroling. We really enjoy this tradition and wanted to continue sharing music with people this year. I am almost on total bed rest with my pregnancy, so I haven't been able to do a lot of Christmas activities this year, but we didn't want our boys to miss out on giving and sharing the true spirit of Christmas. So, we arranged for a wheelchair for me as we sang songs at the Riverton Rehabilitation Center. It was an amazing experience. Tim wheeled me around and the boys carried stockings filled with candy canes to share with each patient. I was so proud of my boys and their open hearts and love for each person we sang to. We went from room to room offering a Christmas song or two and chatting with them for a bit. Ethan often spontaneously gave out hugs to the old men and women we visited. The people were mesmerized by cute little Eli and the fact that he was typically singing every word to each song we sang. Some of Ethan and Eli's favorite songs that we sang were: Jingle Bells, Rudolph, Silent Night, I am a Child of God and We Wish You a Merry Christmas. I am really glad we were able to continue our caroling tradition in spite of my pregnancy complications. There is nothing quite like singing Christmas music to get you in the holiday spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment