Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pregnancy Update!!!

SO.... I am excited to announce that I will no longer be pregnant at the end of tomorrow. I am scheduled to have a c-section tomorrow, Feb. 5th at noon. I will be so excited to out of the pain I am in now and to hold my sweet little girl in my arms. I have been having LOTS of PAINFUL contractions that are very frequent and consistent, but they are not changing my cervix at all. I am only 37 weeks and my c-section wasn't scheduled until Feb. 15th, but with contractions 2-4 minutes apart for several hours, I thought for sure I was in active labor. My doctor decided to put me out of my misery and pain, but wanted to make sure the baby's lungs were developed. He did an amniocentesis to check the amniotic fluid and see if the lungs were mature enough. The results came back mature and now I get to have a c-section earlier than planned - YEAH!!! So, I am sure I will update further tomorrow with pictures of our new little baby girl!!!!

3 comments:

  1. oh my! you've already had her. i'm so excited to hear all about it. i hope it went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Beth! I hope everything went smoothly, and that you and baby girl are healthy and doing well. Sending much love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I can't wait to see her and to hear what her name is. :) Hope you're feeling better than you have in months!

    ReplyDelete