Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Playtime with Ellyse

Here are some fun pictures of our happy little girl. Ellyse was really colicky for the first few months, but now she seems to be over it and is happy most of the time.

Eli loves playing with Ellyse under her butterfly toy.


Here are the happy brother and sister playing together.


Ellyse was especially happy in her crib the other day,
so I caught these fun shots of her sweet smile!
After Ellyse plays, she needs her rest! I took this picture myself, so it is not the best. I wanted to capture the way Ellyse looks while she is sound asleep in my arms. This is typically what I do a lot of the day. I carry her around like this until she falls asleep and then I lay her down and hope she stays alseep. Needless to say my back hurts alot having to carry her around like this, but it is worth it to help her go to sleep and not cry! Lately she has been better at falling asleep and staying asleep. Recently, she has even slept 8 hours at a time at night!! Yeah, our little girl is becoming a better sleeper. Good sleep makes EVERYONE happy!

1 comment:

  1. I can't even express my joy in reading this post. First, Ellyse is beautiful. I mean, really really beautiful. Second, when colic finally starts to pass, it's like a new world is unfolded; a world of happiness, and joy, and days without uncontrolled crying (on the part of baby AND mom). I'm just so happy she's coming out of it! And your picture of her all swaddled and pacifier-ed brings back many, many memories... not to mention, empathetic back pain :) One of the greatest gifts Daniel gave me after a few months of our #2 colicky baby, was an hour-long professional massage. Oh baby, even the masseuse was shocked at the knots in my back and shoulders!

    Sorry, I'm so long-winded here. But looking at these giggly, darling pictures of Ellyse reminds me of how often colicky babies turn into the most exuberant, joyful babies. Eliza nearly killed me with her never-ending screaming, but once it ended, she was an absolute DELIGHT. It's as though they're just very extreme about life; if they're sad or upset, they want the ENTIRE UNIVERSE TO KNOW ABOUT IT! But when they are happy, they can't seem to contain the joy. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete