Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Reading

Ethan and Eli joined the summer reading program through the library. They are loving it!!! I got this chart for Ethan and he gets to put a sticker in a box for every book that he reads. In the first 2 days he had 2 1/2 rows filled up -that is about 65 books!!! Wow - he is really taking to this reading thing. He is getting really good too since he is practising so much.
Eli isn't reading yet, but he sure memorizes books fast. Here he is "reading" a new Thomas book that I have only read to him a few times. Eli gets a sticker for every book Ethan or I read to him.

The library gave them cards that they get to color . Each day they do their reading goals, they get to color in one of the fish on their card. Then they get prizes from the library each month.

I love seeing Ethan and Eli enjoying to read. I hope they keep it up. They are going through books so fast that we are making lots of trips to the library.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's amazing. I'm totally impressed that Ethan is reading so well. Way to go! I love it when my kids just sit in a chair looking at books. It thrills me.

    ReplyDelete