Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mommy and Ethan Date Night!!

Sometimes you just need a little one-on-one time with your child!! I had been getting a little frustrated with Ethan lately just for little things or not listening to me and that everything he did would take so long to do and trying get out the door to go to this and that, etc. Well, it was time for a Mommy and Ethan date night where we could just go and have fun and he could be in charge and take as long as he wanted to do anything and I could be totally patient because we didn't have to be anywhere else, except there being together!!!

So, our date night began. He planned the whole thing. He said he wanted to do 4 things:

1- Go to the library and pick out books and a movie for later that night!
2- Go get an ice cream cone together for dessert!
3-Go swimming at the rec center!
4-Come home and watch our movie and eat popcorn


We had an awesome time together!! He really wore me out with the swimming. The pool has a playground in the water and the water is only 2-3 feet deep everywhere. Needless to say I was pretty pooped after catching him on the slide and walking on my hands through the shallow water, trying not to drag my pregnant belly on the bottom of the pool :) (I know, not a fun mental image). I love being with Ethan and sharing his enthusiasm for life and being able to take time to listen to everything on his mind!! (and there is a lot on his mind ) It was so nice to have time devoted just to him and not have to be in a rush to do anything else. I know that life doesn't always allow us to not be in a rush or not have to be somewhere, so it was nice to create this little bubble of time that was just for Ethan and me!! I love you my little Ethan boy and I can't wait for another date with you really soon!


3 comments:

  1. Beth, Ethan looks SO happy! I'm so glad that you two could make time for something wonderful like this. He sure loves his Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love those little dates. Those little memories mean so much. We try to do one on one time with each of ours each month. They definitely remember them the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good mommy you are. I need to take a page out of your book, 'cause I also feel a little rushed and too busy lately to take time and just enjoy my kids. I'm going on date sometime this week! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete