Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ethan's Singing Debut


Ethan participated in his first public singing solo on May 1, 2009. There was a talent show for all of the primary kids in the ward and Ethan said he wanted to sing a song and do a somersault. (He forgot to do the somersault - oh well) He decided to sing a song called "Skinn-a-mirink-a-dink-a-doo" that he learned in preschool. He loves this song and sings it all the time. We even practiced the week before by having a family talent show for family home evening. Ethan sang his song, Eli played the piano(pounded on the keys), I touched my nose with my tongue (I know you are all jealous) and Tim did the wave with his crazy long toes. We are a family that is just oozing with talent. Well, the night of the talent show came and Ethan was very excited. Grandma and Grandpa even came to support him. He got up on stage and got a little bit of stage fright, so I began to sing with him and he joined right in. In fact after he finished the song and everyone was clapping, he said "I have another song." I guess he enjoyed the spotlight and the sound of applause. So, he sang his favorite primary song "I Lived In Heaven." He even sang the second verse - well kind of the second verse - I think it is the 2nd and 3rd verses combined, but still pretty impressive. I was so proud of him and his sweet little voice!! Great job, Ethan. We love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie. I love that he loves to sing. Oh, and Olivia is the same way with stage fright. A little nervous at first, and then she wants to perform for the rest of the evening. P.S. Planting your garden looked like so much fun. What a great FHE activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kinda behind on the comments because of having no internet but it's better late than never, right? I wish I was there for Ethan's talent that night. I came toward the end. I'm glad you posted about it. That is adorable. What a cutie, both of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete