Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Well, I just wanted to post how lucky I am to have to my adorable little boys and thoughtful husband. I felt like the greatest mother in the world on Sunday (even though I know I am far from that!) because of all of the sweet things my boys did for me. It all started on Saturday - so really, I had a Mother's day weekend! I got to sleep in on Sat. morning and then I woke up to stuffed french toast, bacon, and orange juice for breakfast - thanks to my chef husband. Then, I was off to arrange flowers for the YW camp fundraiser, while Tim and the boys mowed the lawn and cleaned the house (Mother's day dinner with the whole family was at our house the next day). Then I came home and went to an afternoon movie and dinner with my sister-in-law, Wendy. On Sunday morning I got to sleep in again (sleep is a very precious thing in our home because our boys get up at 6am- sometimes even earlier). When I came out of my room, Ethan greeted me right away and the first thing our sweet 3 year old said was "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!" I was then presented with gifts and cards. Tim had taken the boys shopping earlier in the week to get me presents. I got new scriptures, some great CD's, roses, a pair of super cute shoes, and a dustbuster(I requested the last item). At church, Ethan sang with all of the other primary kids a couple songs about mothers. Ethan knew every word to every song. I was so impressed, especially since the primary chorister told me after church that she only taught the songs to the kids the week before. When Ethan went up on the stand to sing the songs he did a great big "thumbs up" sign to me across the congregation - he is such a cutie! After church, my whole side of the family came over for dinner. Tim made the whole meal and then very discretely cleaned up the kitchen before I could even help!! Man, I think I am married to the best man in the whole world!!!
I also wanted to add a note about my own amazing mother! She is such an incredible woman and I am so blessed to have her as my mom and dear friend. I love being with her and going on adventures together. She has taught me so much about being loving, fun, kind, ambitious, silly, working hard, and serving. Thank you mom for being the wonderful mom and friend that you are to me!!

1 comment:

  1. happy mother's day! it sounds like a wonderful one. how great to see the picture of your family!

    ReplyDelete