Friday, January 8, 2010

Bed Rest

This pregnancy has gone pretty well until about the end of November. I was having a lot of pain in my ligaments and tendons near my groin and thought maybe it was just normal for my third pregnancy. I went to the doctor for a routine check up and explained my pain. He pushed on my pelvic bone and I almost cried and wanted to hit him :). He explained that I had a condition called Pelvic Symphisis. It occurs when your hormones soften the cartilage between your pelvic bones as a way of preparing for labor. Well, I was only 6 1/2 months pregnant, so why was my body preparing for labor?! Anyway, it did, so now my pelvic bones were mobile and causing a lot of pain to the surrounding tendons and ligaments. I needed "to stay off my feet or I would be put on total bed rest" said my doctor. Yeah right, how do you do that with two wild little boys?? The doctor also said the pelvic bones could overlap and get locked up that way and then I wouldn't be able to move at all - yikes - maybe I would try to stay off my feet :). It hurt to move or do anything and I was starting to have a lot of contractions at night. Sometimes they were very painful and would be about 4 minutes apart for a couple hours. This was motivation to get some help so I didn't deliver this baby at almost 7 months. My mom, sister-in-law, and close friends helped out and my Aunt Maureen as well. I was so grateful to them. Then the ward started to pitch in and so many people volunteered to help out. I was so amazed and touched at their kindness. Now I have someone scheduled to come and help with my kids and stuff on each day, Mon-Fri from 8:30-12:30pm. People are also bringing in meals. I have never experienced such Christ-like service and I truly feel so blessed. I couldn't get through this pregnancy without the help of so many amazing people!!! Now I am almost 34 weeks along and getting closer everyday to being able to deliver our baby girl safely. Thank you with all of my heart to the many kind friends and family who have been such a huge help to me and my family!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you're receiving so much help! I'm sorry you've been forced to take it easy, but it sure sounds like your body needed the rest, and it is obviously paying off. Keep us posted on how you're doing, and when that sweet little girl makes her debut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bethany! Sorry I missed your shower on Saturday--it totally just slipped my mind. Things got crazy for us and we've had two bouts of sickness since I last saw you. I did see Tim at church, though. He said your schedule goes through this week--sounds like I better schedule some more. Are your mom and your aunt going to be able to come in the next couple of weeks? If so, will you let me know when so I try to schedule out the rest of your pregnancy? Thanks! {p.s. I thought your blog was private--happy to see that I have access to it.} dalleycats@gmail.com or just call me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cutie. I'm so happy that so many people get to help you. Wish I could help out more. I just love you.

    ReplyDelete