Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ethan Learned to Read!!!

Ethan has always loved books and he has known his letters and the sounds they make for a long time. I knew it was just a matter of time before he started to read. His preschool teacher has also noticed this, so they started to send homework home with Ethan to help him excel and keep his interest. He has loved doing the math and reading homework. Today he brought home a beginning reading book and we looked at it over lunch. It just clicked for him. He sounded out the letters and put the words together. He read his first book!! I was so proud of him and he was so proud of himself. He is not even 4 1/2 years old yet! (I am sorry, I am a proud Mama!) He wanted to keep reading it and practicing so he could get better. He even said, "I have to keep working and practicing so when I get bigger I can teach my kids to read. Hey, I can even teach Eli and my new baby sister to read!" I love how his mind thinks! Then he said, "I need to get more of these books so I can read them at night when I go to bed." Good job on reading your first book, Ethan. I know your love of reading is just going to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment