Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kids Say the Funniest Things!!!

I wanted to capture a few things that my boys have said in their prayers before I forget them. The other night, Eli was saying his bed time prayers and he said,

"Heavenly Father please bless mommy's tummy to feel better and not to throw up (yes, I was sick last week). And please help Harvey (our dog) to eat all of his food and dinner." I love hearing how his mind works.

Ethan also said something pretty cute in his prayers the other day.

"Heavenly Father please bless mommy's tummy so that she can be a normal mommy again!" I was a little shocked by this. After the prayer, Tim said "yeah, we like it when Mommy is normal, huh Ethan?!" Ethan said, "yes, when the baby comes out we can jump on Mommy again like we used to." Oh... so being able to jump on mommy is what makes me normal - okay then :). Again, I love hearing how their little minds think!!!

On the way home from church, Ethan and Tim had a cute conversation:

Ethan "Daddy what will our new baby sister look like?"
Tim "I don't know. What do you think she will look like?"
Ethan "I think she will be all covered in food!"
Tim "Oh, why?"
Ethan "Because she is in mommy's tummy where all of her food goes."
Tim " Actually, there is a separate spot for mommy's food and then next to it there is a spot just for the baby."

Ethan thought for a second and then said, "Wow, Daddy, you sure know a lot about Mommy's body!"

I sure love my kids and their cute little minds!!!!

1 comment: