Monday, September 21, 2009

Faith of a Child

So, a couple weeks ago I was having a hard day. I didn't really know why, but I was cranky and my patience was short. Chalk it up to being pregnant, hormonal and tired. Anyway, Ethan and I had a conversation that went like this:
Ethan: Mommy what is wrong. You seem grumpy.
Mom: I don't know what is wrong Ethan. I am just having a hard day.
Ethan: I know what I will do for you. I will say a prayer for you and ask Heavenly Father to help you.
He immediately dropped to his knees on the family room floor and began to pray.
Ethan: "Dear Heavenly father, please help my mommy have a good day and feel better! In the name of Jesus Christ Amen!"
After his prayer, he jumped up and immediately said, "do you feel better?" I told him I was starting to feel better. Well, that wasn't good enough. He got down and said another prayer for me. Eli also learned from watching Ethan. Eli joined him for the next few prayers. I learned a lot from the sweet, pure faith of my 4 year old that day. During his third prayer for me I ran and got the camera to capture the moment. His prayers had worked. I did feel better and had the rest of a great day. Thank you Ethan for your sweet faith and prayers! I think we forget sometimes just to simply ask our Heavenly Father for help even with something as small as having a grumpy day. I am so glad Ethan taught me this great lesson.


3 comments:

  1. Ethan is such a sweet boy. You can tell he loves his mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great story. I wish I could have the faith of a child more often! I am glad you recorded this sweet story of him so he can read about it one day!!

    ReplyDelete