Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fun Facts on Eli


Lately, Eli has done and said some really cute and amazing things, so I wanted to write them down before I forgot. Eli is now 21 months old.

  • A few days ago, Eli had a very special answer to a question I ask him every morning. Each morning when he wakes up I go into his room and get him and ask "did you have sweet dreams?" Usually he says, "yes, sweet dreams." The other day he said,"yes, sweet dreams about Jesus!" Wow - what a special dream to have. He was all smiles when he said it too - so sweet. Well, he has said the same thing for the last 3 mornings and then today I asked the question again and he said,"yes, sweet dreams about Jesus! Jesus loves me!" I know that little children are closer to Jesus and our Heavenly Father than we even realize. I am so glad that Eli has been able to verbalize his sweet experinces to me!

  • So, this morning at 6:30am - a little too early- I hear Eli start talking in the monitor. I woke up enough to realize he was saying his ABC's. What a little cutie! The first thing out of his mouth this morning was the ABC song. He sure woke up happy!

  • Eli and I were reading a book the other day and he started counting the things on the page. I knew he could count to 10 just great, but then he kept going. He counted to 20 all by himself while actually counting the objects on the page! What is he gonna do next?!

  • This next thing happened about 2 months ago when Eli was 20 months old. Eli, Grandpa and I were standing outside in front of my brothers house. All of a sudden Eli looked up at the house and started saying numbers. We thought it was cute until we looked up and realized he was reading the numbers on the front of the house. Man, he is gonna be reading books before I know it!

3 comments:

  1. He is such a smart boy!! He just amazes me. It's funny to compare him and Jared, since they are 3 weeks apart. Jared just seems like a baby compared to Eli. It's so funny. I guess I should stop treating him like a baby and let him begin to grow up. You have such intelligent boys who will grow up and do great things. Love ya Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Whiz Kid! Sheesh!!! I am amazed at what he can do!!

    ReplyDelete